Governing Body meetings
Full Governing Body meetings
Full Governing Body meetings: 2020-2021
Governing Body open meetings
Each year Governors decide whether or not full governing body meetings are “open” to the public. Open meetings are meetings of the full governing body to which members of the public, including school staff and parents, can request in writing to attend as observers.
At the first full governing body meeting of this new academic year, Governors voted to continue to permit open meetings for remainder of this year. The guidance below constitutes the code of conduct required by the governing body in return for granting access to their meetings. This guidance is recommended by the Local Authority as being good practice.
- Governing Body meetings are published on the school website (see below).
- Members of the public can make a request, in writing, to attend the “open” part of any meeting.
- Requests to attend must be sent to the Clerk to the governing body no less than 14 days before the date of the meeting. This allows time for Governors to finalise and agree the agenda for the meeting with Governors, and for the agenda to be published seven days in advance of the meeting.
- If there is sufficient capacity and space an invitation to attend the meeting will be issued by the Clerk to the Governing Body, together with an agenda. These will be sent by e-mail seven days before the meeting.
- Anyone attending will be shown in the meeting minutes as being “In attendance”.
- Persons attending meetings are there at the invitation of the governing body and must agree to:
- be present as observers only;
- not speak or in any other way interrupt the meeting;
- at the request of the chair, leave the meeting if any part of it is deemed, by the governing body, to be confidential;
- not record any part of the meeting electronically or in writing.
- Failure to abide by these expectations may result in an individual being asked to withdraw from the meeting and potentially be refused an invitation to future meetings.
- Minutes of all meetings are published on the school website, when they have been agreed by the full governing body, which is done at the next meeting of the full governing body. These will be published here below.
Governors' attendance records
Governors' attendance records: 2019-2020
The attendance record covers the last twelve month period, September 2019 - August 2020. This will be updated in August 2021 to reflect the previous academic year. The attendance % is based on whether the governor was due to attend or not.
All governors are expected to attend their respective committee meetings and also full Governing Body meetings. All meeting dates are published annually in advance. Not all governors are able to attend all meetings. When this happens governors send their apologies for absence and this is recorded. Some governors have also not been on the governing body for a full twelve month period and this can also distort their attendance record.
Minutes of full governing body meetings
Academic Year 2020/2021
- FGB minutes 10 July 2020
- FGB minutes 22 May 2020
- FGB minutes 27 March 2020
- FGB minutes 6 December 2019
- FGB minutes 20 September 2019